Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thanks Mom!

My mom is in town, and that equates to more gardening!  Mom is an experienced gardener, and certainly one of my inspirations.  I appreciate her ideas and suggest she do WHATEVER she wants in my garden during her 3 months here as I know it is hard for her to be away from her beautiful yard in New Jersey.

Her latest efforts include pansies on my front porch and turning my gnarly birdbath into a succulent garden:



Succulents include:  Pachyveria "Royal Flush", Aloe humilis, Sedum Brown Bean, Crassula "Springtime", Pachyveria glauca "Little Jewel" and Graptoveria "Opalina".

Succulents require bright light and porous soil with good drainage.  They will suffer from a frost so protect them!  Water thoroughly when soil is dry - I'm using peat moss to help keep them hydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment