Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Book Recommendation

One of the reasons I have a vegetable garden is to fully understand where and how food is grown.  Each year, I learn more about growing produce and have a greater appreciation for the time, effort, patience and hard work involved in farming.

I recently read the book, "Hunter Girl:  Revolutionizing the Way We Eat, One Hunt at a Time", by Georgia Pellegrini. 


Here is the description from Amazon:  What happens when a classically-trained New York chef and fearless omnivore heads out of the city and into the wild to track down the ingredients for her meals? After abandoning Wall Street to embrace her lifelong love of cooking, Georgia Pellegrini comes face to face with her first kill. From honoring that first turkey to realizing that the only way we truly know where our meat comes from is if we hunt it ourselves, Pellegrini embarks on a wild ride into the real world of local, organic, and sustainable food.  More than a food-laden hunting narrative, Girl Hunter also teaches you how to be a self-sufficient eater.  Each chapter offers recipes for finger-licking dishes.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment