Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Soil Excitement!

I am constantly asking for community donations for both our school garden and the upcoming silent auction at Broadmor.  The majority of the time I find businesses very charitable and friendly, even when declining my request.  The Tempe/Phoenix community certainly is a generous one.

Here is a donation that excites me so much I have to share it with everyone.  Western Organics donated 23 cubic yards of soil to our school garden today.  I was brimming with excitement watching the truck dump it next to our garden and couldn't wait to get my hands in it.  It is a combination soil of mulch, volcanic sand, compost and some gypsum.  Yippy!


My friend Cory and her son, Conrad, came to watch and help.  A big truck dumping soil is pure entertainment for any 3-year boy.


Conrad approves!  Check out his cool tractor:


Thanks Western Organics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment