Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Friday, February 24, 2012

Harvesting Nasturtium Seeds

Nasturtiums are in full bloom so watch for seeds forming on your plant once the blooms die.  I plant nasturtiums just about everywhere:  in pots, in the ground and with my vegetables.  Check out their beauty:






Look closely and you'll find seeds that look like this:


They typically are clustered together.  You can let them dry on the stem or pick and let them dry out before storing in a glass or paper container. 


I love these seeds!  So big and juicy.  Once dried, they look like this:


Nasturtiums are VERY easy to grow and quite prolific.  They produce lots of seeds so you'll never have to buy seed packets again!

No comments:

Post a Comment