Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Desert Wildflower Hike

I did a hike today on the Wind Cave Trail in Usery Park.  It is known for its wildflowers and did not disappoint.  Despite very little rainfall in the last few months, there were wildflowers and many desert adapted plants in bloom.  Check them out:


Desert adapted plants (in order):  Brittlebush, Chuparosa, Orange Globe Mallow, Pink Fairy Duster)
 
These desert adapted plants grow easily in a landscaped yard.  They will do best with drip irrigation as opposed to flood irrigation.  Add them to your xeriscape for added color and wildlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment