Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Stocking Up on Lemons


You just can’t ever predict the thoughts inside a child’s mind.   Today, I conducted a scavenger hunt with a 1st grade class at the school garden, and was reminded by these comments why every hour I give is worth it and more……

“I just saw three worms building a habitat in the garden!”

“Mrs. Hedberg, can I take 4 lemons home?  Winter is coming and my family REALLY needs to stock up.”

“Harvest Day is the yummiest day of the week.”

and my favorite….

“You are the nicest gardener ever.”


No comments:

Post a Comment