Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Season of Sunflowers

Sunflowers are emerging and/or in bloom in yards everywhere.  There are so many varieties of these beauties so a sunflower garden is a must.  Here are four varieties planted in my garden:

Lemon Queen
Giant Sunflower - up to 8 feet tall
Ooh la la, my latest discovery!
Mexican Sunflower

 My favorite seed source for sunflowers (and just about everything else) is Botanical Interests.  Check out their beautiful selection!  http://www.botanicalinterests.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment