Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Sunday, May 20, 2012

All Things Purple

My favorite color in the garden right now is purple.  Check out these purple beauties!



If you don't like to eat artichokes, you can still benefit from planting them in your garden.  Just let the bulb go to bloom, sit back and enjoy.














This garden sits outside my kitchen window.  The little purple flower is Love in a Mist.  I grew these from seed (Botanical Interests) and it has been blooming for almost two months.  This is a MUST for your garden next year.














Another favorite:  Sea Lavender.  I grouped three of these together and love the various shades of purple.  It enjoys partial sun and regular water.  I haven't had much success with lavender in the past, so I'll stick with this variety.  Ooh la la!

No comments:

Post a Comment