Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Monday, April 30, 2012

Palo Verde Beauty

It's official - I am in love with my Palo Verde trees.  We have three of them in our front yard, my favorite being the one that sits directly outside the arch to my front patio.  Its canopy is quite large so it feels like my whole front yard is under a bright yellow umbrella.  Take a look:


Gorgeous!  Palo Verde trees make a huge mess but it is worth the clean-up.  I love pulling into the driveway and laying my eyes on this beauty.  The limbs and branches are all twisted and gnarled - adding even more charm.

View from below


If you don't have one of these in your yard, go get one!  Desert adapted, low water use and stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment