Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Squash on the Way

This year, I planted some different varieties of squash other than zucchini.  So far, so good.  I have beautiful squash blossoms for color, as well as small squash forming on the vines.  

Butternut Babies




Butternut Squash:  this vine is going to take up a very large area.  I'm not sure I chose the best location for it, so we will have to tread carefully through the covered garden path.   
Teenie Golden Scallopini Squash







If these plants produce like my zucchini did last year, be prepared to receive some on your doorstep.  We'll be making roasted squash, bread, squash tacos, quiche - you name it.  Squash smoothies anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment