Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Mornings

Today is my first lazy Sunday in many weeks and you can guess how I'll be spending it - in the garden.   My list of work to do is long, but it can wait while I check the progress of my summer veggies.   I've been using a seaweed fertilizer from Sweet Garden Organics and it seems to be creating happy plants.  Take a look:

Cucumbers for Jack
Anaheim peppers 
Grapes!! 

Artichoke

Zucchini

Green Zebra Tomato

Bush Snap Bean
It's not too late to sow seeds for summer.  You can still plant black eyed peas, yardlong beans, Armenian cucumbers, jicama, okra, summer squash, tomatillos and watermelon.  Gotta love gardening in Arizona - you can plant and harvest almost every day of the year

No comments:

Post a Comment