Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Watch Where You Step!

As I walked around my yard today, I was careful to not step on volunteer plants.  I have little surprises everywhere!  I love volunteer plants and don't dare move them.  If they are happy in a small crack or under a tree, I leave them alone.  Here are my finds of the day:

 Vinca under a palm tree

 Mother of Millions (Kalanchoe daigremontiana) under my fountain, between pots

 Mystery plant in between bricks on patio

Purple mustard greens in brick crevices

If you compost you too will be sure to have volunteers once you spread your soil in your garden.  Birds, the wind and water can also transport seeds or plants all over your yard.  Nature at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment