Welcome to Waiting for Tulips!

I love gardening. I love digging in dirt. I love growing plants from seed. I love looking in my garden each morning for a sprout, bloom or any sign of progress with a steaming cup of coffee. I love sharing plants with my friends. I love teaching kids about gardening. I love the smell of good compost. I love tulips but can't grow them well in Arizona, so I'm waiting for a day I can .......

Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Beginnings

March is the month to turn over your garden - pull out the cool season veggies and plant the warm season seeds.  As I take out my beautiful chard, plentiful snap peas, kale, onions and cabbage, I initially feel sad to see them go.  After a couple days, however, I am so excited about the new possibilities that I am over the past and lovin' the present!  Here is to the beginning of a fantastic spring and summer!

Flowers are sprouting and blooming - including freesia, clover, lilies, poppies, daffodils and Bells of Ireland.   Sunflowers, hollyhock, bee balm and zinnia seeds are in the ground.

Last summer, I planted two Thompson Seedless Green Grapes vines.  I am looking forward to clusters of this golden fruit!  This year I will add two more vines, but of the red variety. Let's hope the birds don't find the grapes in my backyard corner.  My little guy, Nick, is so excited for endless grapes!!














Cucumbers are the first to sprout.  My son, Jack, loves cukes and pickles so this bed has his name on it.

















Two artichoke bulbs appeared today.  This is a huge artichoke plant so I hope to enjoy many, many fruits this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment